Someday Starts Now is the public campaign of the Healthy Texas Babies initiative. It is led by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
With support from local communities, health care providers and other stakeholders, Healthy Texas Babies envision a day when every Texas baby has a healthy, happy first birthday.
Goals of Healthy Texas Babies include:
- Provide local partnerships and coalitions with roles in shaping programs to reduce infant mortality.
- Reduce disparities in poor birth outcomes and maternal and infant mortality among Texans.
- Reduce preterm birth and infant mortality in Texas.
The Healthy Texas Babies program includes:
- Professional Education
- Preconception Peer Educator Program
- Healthy Texas Babies Local Coalitions
- Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies
- Someday Starts Now Public Awareness Campaign and Tools
Healthy Texas Babies encourages you to learn more by exploring the info and resources on this website.
Help us make pregnancies healthier and babies stronger!
For more details on Healthy Texas Babies programs and coalitions, visit DSHS Healthy Texas Babies.